Steps for Apply for Financial Aid
STEP 1: Submit a FAFSA or Dream Act ApplicationFor U.S. Citizens and Permanent Legal Residents (Green Card Holders, Refugee, etc.) Mission College’s Federal School Code is: 014458 1. Go to: www.fafsa.gov and select the correct year’s application
- 2021-22 for Fall 21, Spring 2022 and Summer 2022 (available October 1)
- Requires 2019 income
- 2022-23 for Fall 22, Spring 2023 and Summer 2023 (available October 1)
- Requires 2020 income
- FSA ID: Create a User Name and Password:
- Click on “Create an FSA ID"
- Follow directions. Enter your log-in and personal information and submit your FSA ID information.
- Click on: Step-by-Step Directions for IRS Data Retrieval Tool
- If IRS Data Retrieval Tool does not work order a Tax Return Transcript at www.irs.gov
For AB 540/AB 2000/SB 68 and Undocumented Students Only: Complete the California Dream Act Application.
STEP 2: Processing of FAFSA or Dream Act ApplicationAllow one to two weeks for your FAFSA or Dream Act application to be processed and sent to the college for review. When you submit your application you will then receive two emails:
- From the Dept. of Education with your Student Aid Report (SAR)
Review SAR for accuracy and read “Comment Codes”
(If corrections are made, allow additional 1-2 weeks to process corrected information.)
- From the Financial Aid Office confirming receipt of your FAFSA.
(Instructions are given to check the status on My Mission Portal)
STEP 3: Submit DocumentsCheck My Mission Portal to see what documents are required as part of your application. Follow the steps below:
- Log into My Mission Portal
- Click Login - Student Portal
- Click College Web Services
- Enter User ID / PIN
- Click the “Financial Aid” Tab
- Click “Eligibility”
- Click “Student Requirements”
- Select “Aid Year” (Example: select 2021-2022 for Fall 2021)
- Review “Unsatisfied Requirements” and Complete unsatisfied requirements and/or submit documents listed
- Incomplete documents will not be accepted