Second Harvest Food Bank
College is hard. Getting food does not have to be.
We are happy to announce that Mission College has partnered up with Second Harvest of Silicon Valley to address student hunger! For 100 days, we will be working together to offer food assistance support to Mission College students.
If you are interested in learning more about these programs, please fill out this form to have a Second Harvest representative contact you. The team can help you:
- Find community food assistance resources inclusive of any specific needs that you or your household may have (i.e. if you're an International Student and need access to non-government-funded resources, or if you need deliveries because you're immunocompromised, or if you don't have a car, etc.).
- Fill out your CalFresh application. They will walk you through the process and help you fill out each question to avoid errors on the application (it can be complicated!) to better ensure that you will be eligible for the program.
Upcoming Food Distributions
To ensure appropriate social distancing, Second Harvest of Silicon Valley Food Bank will be hosting weekly drive-thru distributions in Parking Lot A.
To support the health and safety of others, if you are not feeling or are sick please send a friend or family member to pick up your groceries.
- Distributions take place every Tuesday at the time shown below:
Time: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Location: Parking Lot A
Open to all Mission College students and community members who live in the Santa Clara Valley.
Drive-thru or walk up stations are available.
- This is on a first come, first served basis
- Please be mindful of line waiting time
- Please bring your own grocery bags to carry food items, they will not be provided on site
- We recommend insulated bags for perishable items
- Only one member per household per day
- You will be required to sign in with your name, phone number and family size
- This institution is an equal opportunity provider
Need more food on another day? Please visit the Second Harvest website.
Staff, students, friends or family that would like to volunteer can sign up directly with Second Harvest.
Mission offers a number of services for students in need, see our Mission Cares page for details.